Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Dreamy Wishlist


You know how you have those things that are on the top of your thrifty wishlist (or maybe that's just me)? They're the things that you would absolutely die to find, like you'd probably start crying happy tears of joy if you found them while thrifting or estate/yard sale-ing for the right price? I've checked a few off my list over the years and I definitely looked like an insane woman with the biggest smile on my face! I'll be regaling you with my best finds off my wishlist in a future post, because sometimes you do find exactly what you've been looking for forever!

1) First on my wishlist is this 50s/60s Vanity Fair nightgown:
Source: Lucinda's Desire on eBay
 I've seen this in a few different color combos, but this was the first color combo I spied on ebay about a year ago. When I saw it on ebay, I obsessed over it, the ruffled top, the perfect blend of colors in the skirt, and the criss-cross ribbon detail underneath the bust).  I fell for it hard, but not $250 hard.  I've since seen it in various other places  as well as in other colors, but still way out of budget. This is my holy grail vintage piece at the moment. It's funny how you only have to see one and then they continue to taunt you ;)

2) Second, is a 1950s pinwheel table. I have no idea where I would put it, but this is just about the coolest piece of furniture I've ever seen.
Source: Decoratum on 1stdibs.com

I saw this style of table first on an antique tv show, and my jaw dropped,I just LOVE this table, so creative and fun! On the show they showed how you could arrange them in any number of different ways to create different looks, since they're all individual pieces. When I saw it on the show I had to have it, but I understandably balked when I saw that they were selling for a couple of thousand dollars...

3) Of course, something with a cat would make it onto the list! The Enid Collins Bird Watcher bag has been a favorite for a long time!
Source: Enid Collins
I'd be thrilled to find ANY Enid Collins bag while thrifting, but Bird Watcher is at the top of my list!  I adore the fact that there's a cat and a bird on the bag (two of my favorite things), and the combination of different jewels and textures are hard to beat!

4) A 1950s prom/formal dress
Source: All from Etsy: DearGolden, Stardustvintagestore, bloombird, and capricornvintage

Not a terribly specific thing, but I've wanted one for a very long time! 1950s formal dresses were what first got me into vintage clothing.  The full skirts and feminine details like bows and ruffles just have my heart!  I've been into vintage for a number of years, and I've yet to get lucky and find one! I do have an 80s-does-50s prom dress that's pretty lovely though!

5) A floral embroidered/applique nightgown from the 40s/50s/60s
Source: All from Etsy: Badgirlvintage, BellaBordella, HoardJewelry

 Ever since I came across the first one with the embroidered lilac flowers (already sold when I first saw it), I've really been looking hard for an embroidered nightgown! The combination of the sheer fabric and the way the flowers look like they're floating across bare skin is just so delicate and heavenly! The other two are just as pretty! The middle is by a vintage brand named Laros and I have fallen hard for many of their incredibly delicate designs!

 6) A peacock/fan chair!

Source: Style of Design
I have smaller version of one of these, but with not a big fan-back.  Weirdly enough, I bought it an estate sale at the house that I now own for only a couple of dollars. But I still really want one of the larger peacock-style chairs! You see them all over the place and they're super trendy and have been for awhile.  I see ones on craigslist for fairly good prices every so often, but they're always too far away or already sold. I even saw one in one of my favorite thrift stores, but they wanted $75 for it! I don't know about you, but I'm a bit more thrifty than that, and if I buy it at a thrift store it better not cost that much (I'm really cheap, I know, but getting something for an amazing deal is part of the fun)!

7) Last but not least is a 50s nightgown detail I added to my wishlist today while looking for more photos for this post! I've never seen this detailing before, but I came across 2(!) of them in today's online picture search!
Source: Both from Etsy: IntimateRetreat, SownThreadsClothing

Umm...yes please.  These are perfect! I'm curious what this detailing is called, because I need to add it to my future search terms on ebay for sure! It's almost a kind of piping? In any case, it is incredibly beautiful! The coral gown with the turquoise ribbon is such a perfect color combination that I think I'll be incorporating this color combo into some interior decor!

So, what's on your thrifting wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment