Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Out of my Comfort Zone?

I'm not really big on neutrals, they just tend to be boring to me (although I love my Aromaleigh "Melancholy Maiden" shadow), but I figured that I was going to have to enter the "adult" world soon.  So I figured I would go out and buy the Urban Decay Naked palette when I could get it on sale.  Well, when Christine from Temptalia mentioned Wet n Wild Comfort Zone was up on drugstore.com, and I had already read a million glowing reviews, I bit the bullet and purchased it.  OH MY GOODNESS! While I can't say I love all neutrals, I certainly love THESE neutrals. They're just plain stunning and very high quality feeling.  The pictures don't do this look justice, but the colors are just deep and very dimensional and dare I say it, sexy? They just look so smokey and gorgeous on, much more so than the photos show. I can't believe I feel this way about neutrals!  I've already used the palette three different days, and it's definitely a joy to work with.
What I Used:

Eyes:
(all shadows are from Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette unless noted otherwise)
Primer: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Lid: Left Lid shade
Crease and outer lower lashline: Right Crease shade
tearduct and inner lower lashline: Right/Highlighter shade
brow: Matte highlighter from Wet n Wild Vanity palette
upper lashline: MAC Black Russian Pearlglide with Right crease shade on top
Mascara: Maybelline Full n Soft

Face:
Bare Minerals foundation in Fairly Light
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Illamasqua Nymph blush

Lips:
Estee Lauder Dune Rose and MAC Myself layered
random clear gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment